Wednesday 20 October 2010

Wool - got to do something with it

I am surrounded by very talented women (and one man at a push I suppose) that regularly gather under the guise of Vimto club engaging in various craft activities.  To be honest I find myself adding to the list of things to do; do crafty things various with the fleeces from all of the sheep.  So although long term I want to be a proficient spinner etc and am lucky to know a few able spinners, I have set myself the more immediate target of washing, dying and felting one of the shetland fleeces to make christmas decorations to sell at an upcoming craft fayre.  I have identified the fleece and am convinced that I am ready to wash it.  I am just holding onto the excuse that it is still too cold and wintery to be out hands in cold water washing fleece let alone drying it. 

So, I know the date is sometime in November and although some of the Vimto crowd are starting to produce their contributions (amongst scarf knitting!) noone looks too paniced so I must still have time.  Watch this space for photos. next stop spinning the jacob fleeces.. well we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment